WildJoburg Summer 2021 Postponed

It is with great reluctance we announce that, in consultation with our venue partners, we have decided to postpone next weekend’s WildJoburg Summer 2021 event. Unfortunately the construction project on the Kliprivier Drive side of Thaba Trails has developed in such a way that makes a safe and enjoyable event uncertain at this point in time. Entrants will be able to defer their entries to the next WildJoburg event or to opt for full refunds.

The date for the next WildJoburg event has not yet been finalised, but it will be around late-May / early-June, when the Winter event is traditionally held. Participants preferring a refund are requested to email us at info@wildjoburg.co.za. If your original entry fee was paid by credit card we should be able to do a straight reversal. If it was paid by EFT we will require bank details and will pay the refund by EFT. The default position will be Deferral, so if we do not hear from any entrant, their entry will be automatically rolled over to the next event.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We can confirm that while the decision was made with heavy hearts and following much agonising, we are confident it is the right one. Obviously runner safety is always the single most important consideration, but we are also determined to never compromise on the overall quality of the WildJoburg offering, and we felt that both of these were at risk in the circumstances. On the plus side, were are super-excited at the prospects going forward. The Reserve and the Trails are untouched and will remain as rugged and pristine as ever, but the entire hospitality, race village and Start/Finish experience is going to be in a different class! The very best of all worlds!

Apologies once again for any inconvenience, and please do not hesitate to send any questions to info@wildjoburg.co.za.